Monday, September 20, 2010

New Bentos! YAY!

I was so excited last night to create these bentos for my kids.  I really wonder who was more excited... me or them??!!  I really was wondering what to put in their bentos as a "first" bento, but in the end I decided to work with what was already working... good food that they love!  We'll leave the cute stuff until later.

So, fun stuff.. not too exciting.  Each bento is mostly the same, but there are a few things that are different.

Pink bento has (top) mango and fig, then cheese stars, cuke, carrots, grapes and cut up kiwi in the cup. Bottom: has 1 long wrap cut in 2,gummy worm. red tomatoes, carrots, and goldfish crackers.  Plus a pocky or two in where the chopsticks go.

Blue one (top) - Pocky in with chopsticks, cereal bar, fruit star, goldfish, tomatoes, kiwi pieces.  (bottom) cukes, grapes, carrots, wraps, and a few more carrots.



And, they are off!  wow, their lunchbags look so big, and the food so small.  But, in the end there were no major complaints.  Just a few to make sure that I don't put sticky fruit leather near REAL fruit then it won't get mushy.

YAY! Can't wait until they see this dish.  Hopefully they love it.

Edit: Added to What's for Lunch Wednesday

No comments:

Post a Comment