Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mini Sandwich Days

The kids liked the mini burger buns so much, that I thought I would do it again.  Yep, I'm using them up, before they start growing.  Um... I mean, yeah... the kids liked them so much!  I'm hoping that in the near future I can convince the kids to have some rice in their lunches, and then it will be a better opportunity to do some cute stuff.  Yeah, I think that I'll need a little more time and imagination too.  Well, I guess I have to go shopping tomorrow then.  I have a limited amount of things that I can shop for, but I try to think outside the box... (or is that Inside the bento box?)

Okay, enough funny stuff, here's the bentos.

Box number one is my daughters.  These things all have similar contents, so here's the big list first! 
Contents:  Bologne and cheese sandwich on thin mini burger buns, grapes, tomatoes, nectarines, snap peas, cheese shapes and mango.  OH, not to mention the mini brownie muffin.


Box number 2 belongs to my son...about the same ingredients, except we included a few tortellini.  They were a hit, except for the fact it was Pizza day during second lunch break!  *doh!*  *head to desk*.  Yep, one day I'll remember the pizza day too!


Bento #3 is for the youngest who is almost 3.  Same ingredients.  I snuck in a few gummi bears after these pictures were taken.  The daycare owner said my daughter was telling *her* that she had to eat everything first, then the gummies at the end.  Hmmm... I may have her trained yet!

Last one is mine.  Same ingredients as the kids, but I also added some black olives and a gold coin, (for my chocolate fix).  I put in some leftover chicken which was Delish!  Hmm... love these kinds of bentos.  Even showed some friends.  I love that, because bentos are never seen here in Northern Ontario.  The ladies all loved it!  hee hee hee!


Anyway, I've gotta get going... super tired, and I have to do a little shopping tomorrow.

Gnight!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for popping by and enter the Giveaway! Wish you best of luck!

    You are doing great and I must share with you that without using rice you can make wonders too! I used to make snack bento for my son where I used only bread and buns.

    I've added you to my list and I hope you'll have a wonderful bento journey!

    ReplyDelete