Monday, September 6, 2010

The day before the First Day of School

Well, tomorrow is the first day of school, and I've made my bentos up.  I've also done some serious surfing of bento websites tonight, and found one that seemed good for supplies (out of Texas I think). fitjpstore dot com.  Nana is coming up from Chicago, and if I can get this stuff sent to her in time, I might have Bento goodies before the October trip to Toronto!  YAY!  That would be awesome.  And with prices being 2,3 or 6 bucks, I can get by with that!  I think I tallied it all up and it was around $39 .00 Great opportunity to buy a bunch of bento boxes for the kids and see how well they work size wise - before I start paying double digits for these!

Okay, so anyway, I'm here's my next two bentos I made a few weeks back.  Tomorrow I'll show you what I made for the kids first day of school!
This first one was for my girls (they got exactly the same).  Mini box has perogies and sour cream.  The big box has blueberries, grapes, cukes, honeydew melon, carrots, dip, and cheese stars and bones.  They loved it!  I was so happy.  The older one even ate the perogies, but told me not to bother with the sour cream next time.
Second box was pretty much the same thing.  Carrots, Honeydew melon, blueberries, grapes, cukes, dip and cheese shapes on top.  I forgot to take a picture, but he also had perogies.

See, nothing too exciting, nothing too different, but these went over very well.  They especially liked the "bones".  Kinda cute (this was originally a cookie cutter for dog biscuits).
I also made a bunch of mini brownie/muffins.  I hope that they work out.  I made about 2 dozen, and they went straight into the freezer.  Hopefully it doesn't just dry them out.

Okay, off I go.  I have to get to bed in order to be awake for tomorrow's exciting day! :)  Hope everyone has a great day with bento making for school!

BTW... anyone out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment