Sunday, September 5, 2010

The beginning

... and in the beginning God created food... Well, that's not exactly how it goes, but there is food, and there is lunch, and that's where my problem comes in.  My little skinny 8yr old comes home with a lunch that is barely eaten.  It's not the food - no, he'll eat mostly anything.  I figure it's the sociability of said child.  Yep, he's a social butterfly.  So, who wants to concentrate on opening containers and baggies and stuff when you are busy talking? 
What do I do?  *insert drumroll here*  I start researching and found bento (well, re-found I guess).  I've been looking at the idea of bentos for about a year now.  I've decided to jump into the bento world this year with my (count 'em, yes) -3- kids, and start making them bentos for their lunches.  We've been practicing for about 2 weeks now, and things are looking good.  I don't make japanese food (well, not yet), I'm not japanese, and I'm not doing anything that you couldn't find in your regular pantry/fridge supply.  The idea is to send my son (and the 2 others) to school with a lunch that he will eat, and doesn't have to open too many containers.

So, welcome if I don't know you.  Hello! if someone sent you here.  And WOW, if you just stumbled onto my blog.  I'll post pictures, and get people thinking about things including bentos... and my basement. :)

Oh, and BTW, I don't live in a big city - I don't have any special things (not yet), but I do intend to make some well balanced lunches for my kids that all fits into a cute little box.  (lets hope).  Thanks for reading!

-Rella

No comments:

Post a Comment